Aliens and Non-U.S. Citizens Seeking Flight Training

When results matter, aliens and non-U.S. citizens seeking flight training should consider enrollment in a trusted flight school, such as Paragon Flight, that will help them lay a strong foundation for an aviation career.

Aliens and non-US Citizens Seeking Flight TrainingParagon Flight has built a reputation as the premier flight school in Southwest Florida because we provide excellent instructors, the most advanced aircraft available and the best training systems in the world. You’ll also train with innovative computer-based instruction.

We are an FAA-approved flight training center under Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Part 141. Our FAA-certification means that you will undergo higher-quality training and achieve certification in less time than you will in non-approved flight schools.

Whether you are from the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India, Canada or elsewhere in the world, we are committed to helping you reach your goals and provide a more well-rounded training experience than you’ll find elsewhere.

M-1 Visa for International Students

A student visa (M-1) is required for anyone who is not a U.S. citizen to do flight training for a certificate or rating in the United States. The B-1/B-2 tourist/business is NOT sufficient for flight training in the U.S.

A certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status, better known as Form I-20, is a U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) document issued by colleges, universities, and vocational schools, such as Paragon Flight, that provides supporting information to the U.S. government for the issuance of your M-1 visa.

Form I-20 is critical to your visa application process and must be completed properly to assure the U.S. government that you intend to be a serious, hard-working, full-time student while you undergo flight training.

In order for Paragon Flight to begin the I-20 issuing process, we encourage you to follow our step-by-step instructions and complete and submit the required online forms.

If you already have a foreign pilot license from a country other than the United States, Paragon Flight can assist you with your foreign license validation. The entire process is as easy as filling out an application form and waiting about three months for a U.S. Private Pilot License (PPL) to be issued based on your foreign license. This will enable you to legally rent aircraft while in the U.S. and have all the privileges of a U.S. PPL without having to obtain a student visa.

Paragon Flight is always available to walk aliens and non-U.S. citizens seeking flight training through the process of obtaining an M-1 student visa. Get in touch with us today at (239) 274-3170 to learn more.