Paragon Flight is an FAA Part 141 approved flight school that is designated by the United States government to legally train non-US residents to become professional airline and commercial pilots.

No matter where you are visiting from, no two airline commercial pilot programs are exactly the same. Every program is developed specifically for each student according to their lifestyle, goals, flight experience and time requirements.

Airline commercial pilot programs can vary in length depending on the individual’s circumstances. After speaking with you and evaluating your individual needs, our team will prepare a custom program specifically for you to ensure completion of training as quickly, efficiently and with minimal cost as possible.

Our commercial pilot courses are designed to be flown in our standardized fleet of Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA). The “TAA” is a designation given to aircraft that meet the highest level of technologically advanced digital avionics, systems and safety. Learning to fly with Paragon helps ensure you are getting the most advanced flight training available while building skills that will be useful to you as you transition to flying modern commercial aircraft.

Don’t make the mistake of starting your career learning to fly obsolete aircraft and equipment. Every major airline in the world now operates aircraft with advanced digital avionics. It is critical that aspiring pilots gain as much experience in aircraft with advanced systems and avionics to help prepare them for their transition into commercial flying.

  • Who needs to obtain a student visa for flight training?

    • A student (M-1) visa is required for anyone who is not a US citizen or permanent US resident to conduct flight training for initial certifications (PPL, IFR, and Commercial CSEL / CMEL) in the United States.
    • A visa is not required for certified pilots who plan on receiving only recurrent training including flight review or instrument proficiency check as well as license conversions or validations.
    • A visa is also not required for an aircraft checkout or rental of an aircraft while visiting the United States.
  • Do permanent residents who are not U.S. citizens need to obtain a M-1 student visa to train for a pilot certificate?

    • Permanent residents do not need to obtain an M-1 student visa.
    • Permanent residents are only required to obtain TSA’s “Permission to Initiate Training” approval before the start of flight training.
  • Who needs to obtain TSA’s “Permission to Initiate Training”?

    • Anyone who is not a US citizen planning on receiving flight training in the United States must have TSA approval.
    • TSA approval is required for permanent residents and foreign citizens.
    • Use the guide below to complete the TSA approval process.
  • How can a U.S. Citizen prove Citizenship?

    All US students must provide proof of citizenship upon initial check-in. Copies will be made and placed in student’s flight training files. Proof of citizenship must be shown by one of the following:

    • Valid unexpired U.S. passport.
    • Original birth certificate of the United States, American Samoa, or Swains Island, and government-issued picture ID.
    • Original certification of birth abroad with raised seal (Form FS-545 or DS-1350) and government-issued picture ID.
    • Original certificate of U.S. citizenship with raised seal (Form N-560 or N561), or a certificate of Repatriation (Form N-581), and government-issued picture ID.
    • Original U.S. naturalization certificate with raised seal (Form N-550 or N-570) and a government-issued ID