Paragon Flight is an FAA Part 141 approved flight school that is designated by the United States government to legally train non-US residents to fly.

Paragon has helped 100’s of students from all over the world learn to fly. If you are looking for safe and legal flight training here in the United States, then you have come to the right place. No matter where you are visiting from or what course you are taking, all of our programs are 100% custom designed to fit your specific needs, goals and schedule.

All of our pilot courses are designed to be flown in our standardized fleet of glass cockpit Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA). TAA is a designation given to aircraft that meet the highest level of technologically advanced avionics, systems and safety.  

If you’re new to flying, don’t make the mistake of learning on obsolete aircraft and equipment. Think about it this way: would you learn to use a computer  or learn to type on equipment that was new in the 1960’s, 1970’s, 1980’s or even 1990? Technology is constantly evolving and aircraft are no different. Modern aircraft are technically advanced, more fuel efficient, safer and more reliable than they were even 10 years ago.

  • Who needs to obtain a student visa for flight training?

    • A student (M-1) visa is required for anyone who is not a US citizen or permanent US resident to conduct flight training for initial certifications (PPL, IFR, and Commercial CSEL / CMEL) in the United States.
    • A visa is not required for certified pilots who plan on receiving only recurrent training including flight review or instrument proficiency check as well as license conversions or validations.
    • A visa is also not required for an aircraft checkout or rental of an aircraft while visiting the United States.
  • Do permanent residents who are not U.S. citizens need to obtain a M-1 student visa to train for a pilot certificate?

    • Permanent residents do not need to obtain an M-1 student visa.
    • Permanent residents are only required to obtain TSA’s “Permission to Initiate Training” approval before the start of flight training.
  • Who needs to obtain TSA’s “Permission to Initiate Training”?

    • Anyone who is not a US citizen planning on receiving flight training in the United States must have TSA approval.
    • TSA approval is required for permanent residents and foreign citizens.
    • Use the guide below to complete the TSA approval process.
  • How can a U.S. Citizen prove Citizenship?

    All US students must provide proof of citizenship upon initial check-in. Copies will be made and placed in student’s flight training files. Proof of citizenship must be shown by one of the following:

    • Valid unexpired U.S. passport.
    • Original birth certificate of the United States, American Samoa, or Swains Island, and government-issued picture ID.
    • Original certification of birth abroad with raised seal (Form FS-545 or DS-1350) and government-issued picture ID.
    • Original certificate of U.S. citizenship with raised seal (Form N-560 or N561), or a certificate of Repatriation (Form N-581), and government-issued picture ID.
    • Original U.S. naturalization certificate with raised seal (Form N-550 or N-570) and a government-issued ID