Accelerated Flight Training
Make learning to fly a goal rather than just a dream at Paragon Flight. We’re proud to offer a variety of programs targeting everyone from casual bucket-listers to those seeking accelerated flight training. Approved by the FAA under Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), the programs we offer can facilitate your goal of becoming a pilot at your own pace.
Paragon Flight has often been chosen to receive Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association’s (AOPA) Flight Training Excellence Awards and is widely considered to be among the best flight schools in the United States. Located in Fort Myers, Florida, we work around your schedule, meet you where you are, and provide top quality instructors and equipment for training.
Catch the Bug with a Discovery Flight
If you’ve always dreamed of learning to fly, you should take a discovery flight to establish just how interested you truly are. We offer just such an excursion where you get a short lesson, a tour, and even a flight with a certified instructor.
Learning to Fly Requires Regular Clear Skies
Flying lessons depend on the weather so, if you’re looking for quick completion of your chosen program, we offer a huge benefit because of the ideal climate here in Southwest Florida. Over 350 days per year of beautiful weather make this area great for developing your skills as a pilot.
Learn to Fly at Your Own Speed
Approved under Federal Aviation Regulations Part 61 and Part 141, Paragon Flight can differentiate the programs used in training.
Hallmarks of the Part 61 programs include:
- Ability to learn at your own pace
- Less oversight by the FAA
- Flexible curriculum; difficulty depends on the instructor
- Students can train on a part-time or irregular schedule
- Previously logged flight hours are eligible for credit
- Requires self-motivation and diligence
- Benefits of choosing this program include flexibility, faster completion, choice of instructor, and individualized pace
Hallmarks of the Part 141 training programs include:
- A structured style of learning with a more rigid training schedule
- Operations, location, facilities, fleet, and syllabus must meet guidelines that are strictly enforced by the FAA
- An established training syllabus is used for every certificate or rating
- FAA-required progress checks to ensure that student training is advancing as it should
- Subject to regular surveillance audits by the FAA
- Students must meet minimum pass rates on the practical exams
- May not allow students to change instructors
- May be best suited for those seeking to be professional pilots
- Required for use by US veterans who plan to use the Post-9/11 GI Bill
Both programs require you to learn the same material as you go through training, and the costs may be the same, but a Part 141 program may help you move more quickly toward your pilot license.
Learn to Fly Safely
Here at Paragon Flight, we offer training in new, reliable, and safe aircraft, such as the Cessna 172 Skyhawk. Our curriculum centers on Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA), and each of our planes meet this qualification.
If you’re on the lookout for a high-quality flight program, you’ve found the best here at Paragon Flight. We provide quality curriculum, experienced instructors, and well-maintained aircraft that will help you reach the pilot level of your dreams, whether as a hobbyist, a commercial airline pilot, or something in between. Your training should begin here.
With an accelerated flight training program here at Paragon Flight, you’ll be a pilot in no time flat. For more information or to schedule your program, reach out by calling (239) 274-3170.