Commercial Pilot ACS
Paragon Flight offers the shortest route to meeting all Commercial Pilot ACS, or Airman Certification Standards. These standards are the precise criteria needed for students, instructors, and FAA examiners to pass the knowledge exam and clear the checkride in order to earn a Commercial Pilot License (CPL). Paragon Flight’s P3 Professional Pilot Program will promote meeting these standards faster and more affordably than is possible at other training programs.
The aviation training that you need awaits at Paragon Flight – no matter where you find yourself when you begin with us. Since 2006, we have prioritized the quality of our aircraft, instructors, curriculum, and facilities. As a dual FAA authorized training school with FAR approvals under Parts 61 and 141, Paragon Flight can meet the needs of students with all schedules and goals.
Paragon Flight students who wish to participate in the P3 Professional Paragon Flight Program must meet stringent qualifications because it takes a worthy candidate to succeed in this fast-paced and intense program.
P3 Participation Prerequisites
- 18 years old minimum
- High school graduate or GED recipient (some college preferred)
- One professional character reference AND one personal character reference
- Clean FAA record, MVR, and criminal background check
- Pass the behavioral and cognitive evaluation
- 1st Class FAA Medical Certificate
- Fluent and literate in the English language
- Available full time for 4-5 flight lessons and 10-20 hours of ground training each week
- Established moral character, drive, and strong work ethic.
- 0-10 Weeks Private Pilot License (PPL) – foundational phase for all future aviation training
- 11-18 Weeks Instrument Flight Rating (IFR) – phase for training to use communication and navigation equipment
- 19-30 Weeks Commercial License, Single Engine & Multi Engine (CSEL & CMEL) – phase for specific training for commercial license knowledge test and checkride for single-engine and multi-engine training
- 31-38 Weeks Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) – phase for becoming a flight instructor. This role allows commercial pilots to rack up flight hours while earning a living and honing their craft.
The Paragon Flight Environment
Paragon Flight offers an environment that is ideal for pilots and aspiring pilots. We have two locations: one in Page Field (FMY) in Fort Myers, FL and the other at the Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) in Punta Gorda, FL. The region offers the ideal weather for frequent practical flight training. The skies are clear and takeoff ready 350+ days of the year. Furthermore, the scenery is beautiful and nearby accommodations are perfect for all budgets and preferences.
When you arrive at a Paragon Flight location, you’ll find modern facilities, outstanding flight instructors, versatile and well-equipped aircraft, and the best curriculum in the world.
Financing Your Aviation Education
If you’re unsure of how you can afford your P3 Program participation, reach out to our team. Whether you qualify for traditional student loans, aviation scholarships, grants, GI funds, or personal lending, we can take stock of your situation and help as you apply for the most appropriate resources for you individually. We have years of experience and knowledge that you can use to your advantage as you search for financial resources.
As you prepare to complete the commercial pilot ACS Airman Certification Standards, choose Paragon Flight. We offer a level of flight training that you won’t find elsewhere. Learn more by contacting us today, online by following this link or via phone: (239) 274-3170 (Fort Myers) or (949) 336-7494 (Punta Gorda).