Commercial Pilot Classes Near Me
From East Coast to West Coast, pilot hopefuls throughout the US searching for commercial pilot classes “near me” should make plans to come to Southwest Florida for training at Paragon Flight in either Fort Myers or Punta Gorda. No matter how far the trip, our P3 Professional Pilot Program will save you enough time and money to make it worth every mile.
The P3 Professional Pilot Program from Paragon Flight
A Commercial Pilot License (CPL) is mandated for any pilot to accept payment for flight services provided, and the field of professional pilots is a drastically growing one. The P3 Professional Pilot Program here at Paragon Flight allows pilots to develop the skills they need to operate as a commercially licensed pilot and Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) in fewer than 10 months.
This program has three guiding principles and priorities:
- Quality of training over quantity
- Help securing appropriate financial resources
- Development of leadership skills and professional character
The timeline for the program is fast-paced, and the study required is intensive. We ask that participants fully commit themselves.
0-10 WEEKS Private Pilot License (PPL) – foundational phase that prepares participants for all future phases of the program and beyond. As the portion of training that teaches best practices and good habits, we consider this phase to be the most critical of all.
11-18 WEEKS Instrument Flight Rating (IFR) – during the next 8 week phase, pilots learn how to use navigation and communication equipment within aircraft. Not only will these skills allow pilots to fly in more conditions, but these skills will be used regularly during their future careers.
19-30 WEEKS Commercial License, Single Engine & Multi Engine (CSEL & CMEL) – this phase will then prepare pilots to pass the written knowledge exams and the FAA checkrides required for pilots to operate professionally in both single-engine and multi-engine aircraft.
31-38 WEEKS Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) – the final stage of the P3 Program teaches commercial pilots how to share their skills with others. Working as a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) allows new pilots to perfect their skills, log flight hours, and earn a living as a pilot. Paragon Flight even gives program participants preferential consideration when they apply to be flight instructors here.
Qualifications for P3 Program
- 18 years of age minimum
- High school graduate or GED recipient (some college preferred)
- Two character references – one personal and one professional
- Clean MVR, FAA record, and criminal background check
- Pass a behavioral and cognitive evaluation
- Obtain an FAA 1st Class Medical Certificate
- Proficient, fluent, and literate in English
- Full-time availability to accommodate 4-5 flight lessons and 10-20 hours of ground training each week
- Established moral character, integrity, work ethic, and drive.
Highlights of Paragon Flight
- Dual authorization under FAR Parts 61 and 141 for traditional and non-traditional students, full-time structured courses and personalized one-on-one training available
- Located in Fort Myers and Punta Gorda, FL, where the weather is perfect for flight training all year long, 350+ days each year
- Staffed with diversely experienced, well-trained Certified Flight Instructors (CFIs)
- Equipped with a comprehensive fleet of Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA)
- Armed with the best curriculum in the industry, the Jeppesen curriculum, produced by a subsidiary of Boeing
- Prepared to help identify and secure funding for aviation training
- Award-winning and frequently honored by the AOPA, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
If you’ve been searching for commercial pilot classes “near me,” consider the quality and efficiency of the P3 Professional Pilot Program at Paragon Flight. For more information, contact us online by following this link or calling the Fort Myers location at (239) 274-3170 or the Punta Gorda location at (949) 336-7949.