Commercial Pilot School Bradenton, Florida
Do you dream of an office in the sky, among the clouds? Paragon Flight is a flight school in Punta Gorda, Florida, that offers commercial pilot training within driving distance from Bradenton. We also have a location in Fort Myers for superior results and experiences.
The Life of a Commercial Pilot
Before signing up for a commercial pilot training program, you should clearly understand what that means. Essentially, any pilot who wishes to be paid for his or her services must obtain a commercial license first, but that doesn’t mean that the result will be flying an airliner. The aviation industry is rich in opportunity, especially within the current job market.
Job opportunities for commercial pilots include all of the following:
- Domestic and international airline pilot
- Cargo pilot for the postal service, FedEx, or UPS
- Agricultural pilot
- Government service for law enforcement, surveying, etc.
- Emergency and rescue pilot
- Corporate pilot
- Private pilot
- Charter pilot
- Banner towing or sightseeing tour pilot
- Much more!
Pilots, no matter the particular role, perform regular duties in order to operate safely and in accordance with regulations. Pre-flight inspections, evaluations of flight plans and weather conditions, communications, navigation, monitoring performance, takeoff and landing, and post-flight reporting are all routine tasks that pilots of all stripes are responsible for completing.
Let’s talk compensation. The aviation sector is in dire need of capable pilots presently, and salary surges reflect this need. Entry-level pilots can expect to receive $80k/year, which increases over time and position level. A senior captain can make more than $280k/year. Now is the time to become a professional pilot.
Commercial Pilot Programs
As an FAA-authorized flight school operating under FAR Parts 141 and 61, we offer a range of programs for the part-time and full-time pilot hopeful.
Consider a custom program if you have a full-time job, family and social obligations, or other schedule-related obstacles to pursuing your dreams. We’ll happily arrange one designed around your timeline, goals, budget, and lifestyle.
Alternatively, we offer full-time courses, including the P3 Professional Pilot Program. The P3 Program’s intention is to help driven pilot candidates take advantage of the job market demand. We leverage the quality of training over quantity, assist with recognizing and applying for appropriate financial resources and develop appropriate professional, character, and leadership skills.
Timeline of the P3 Professional Pilot Program:
- 0-10 WEEKS Private Pilot License (PPL)
- 11-18 WEEKS Instrument Flight Rating (IFR)
- 19-30 WEEKS Commercial License, Single Engine & Multi-Engine (CSEL & CMEL)
- 31-38 WEEKS Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
Prerequisites for the P3 Professional Pilot Program:
- 18 years old, minimum
- High school diploma or GED
- One professional and one personal character reference
- Clean MVR (Motor Vehicle Record)
- Clean FAA record
- Clean criminal background
- Pass a cognitive/behavioral evaluation
- 1st class FAA Medical Certificate
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Full-time availability for 4-5 flight lessons and 10-20 hours of ground training each week
- Characteristics of drive, integrity, and work ethic.
Paragon Flight, the commercial pilot school in Punta Gorda and Fort Myers, Florida, sets the table for a successful and exciting experience and is within driving distance from Bradenton. Express interest, ask questions or book a consultation by contacting us online or phoning us at (941) 336-7494 for the Punta Gorda location or (239) 747-0056 for the Fort Myers location.