Commercial Pilot School Sarasota, Florida
Don’t limit your search for a commercial pilot training school to Sarasota, Florida; look beyond to Paragon Flight in Southwest Florida. Read on to discover why this choice is the best one!
Prime Real Estate for Flight Training
Paragon Flight, with operations out of Page Field (FMY) in Fort Myers and the Punta Gorda Airport (PGA) in Florida, experiences lovely year-round weather. Over 350 days of the year are perfect for takeoff and landing in this area, and our student pilots benefit by being able to practice on their own schedule, completing training faster in many instances.
Our student pilots’ training opportunities include access to tower-controlled runways and numerous practice airfields. Our facilities are near several metropolitan areas with accommodations for all budgets and preferences.
FAA Authorizations for a Variety of Flight Training Programs
The plethora of flight training programs that we can offer stems from the fact that we have the authority to operate under the FAA Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) Parts 141 and 61. Part 141 guidelines prescribe a rigid, full-time syllabus for student pilots, and Part 61 guidelines offer the flexibility of schedule and pacing to allow pilot candidates to continue meeting outside obligations while pursuing training.
For a custom training program, reach out to the Chief Flight Instructor to create a plan that meets your goals within an appropriate timeframe and budget. During this meeting, we can review your current status, the steps necessary to reach your goals, the financing resources available, and more.
Faster Completion with the P3 Professional Pilot Program
For pilots who meet fairly stringent requirements, we offer an intensive 38-week program allowing candidates to progress from zero experience to a commercial pilot with a certification of flight instructor!
Do you qualify to participate in the P3 Program?
- Are you 18 years old?
- Do you read, speak, write, and understand the English language?
- Do you have a high school diploma or GED equivalency?
- Can you provide a personal and professional character reference?
- Do you have a good driving record?
- Do you have a clean criminal background?
- Can you pass a behavioral/cognitive evaluation?
- Is your record with the FAA free of incidents, accidents, and other enforcement actions?
- Do you have an FAA First-Class Medical Certificate?
- Can you attend full-time – 4-5 flight lessons and 10-20 hours of ground instruction each week?
- Are you of strong moral character, with drive and a solid work ethic?
Answer yes to the above questions in order to qualify. We do allow some exceptions; contact us for more information.
What to Expect from the P3 Program
- 0-10 WEEKS, Private Pilot License (PPL) – the foundation upon which all future training will follow, providing good habits and best practices;
- 11-18 WEEKS, Instrument Flight Rating (IFR) – second phase trains pilots to navigate and communicate using modern aircraft systems;
- 19-30 WEEKS, Commercial License, Single Engine & Multi-Engine (CSEL & CMEL) – stage designed to allow pilots to master their skills on a professional level for single-engine and multi-engine aircraft;
- 31-38 WEEKS, Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) – the final phase that trains pilots in the methods and measurements used to train future pilots.
Interested in flying as a career? You’ll need a commercial license, and pilot training at a commercial pilot school in Sarasota, Florida simply can’t compare with Paragon Flight. Reach out to either of our locations: Fort Myers at (239) 747-0056 or Punta Gorda at (941) 336-7494, or you can contact us online.