Commercial Pilot Schools
Paragon Flight is one of the best flight schools in the US for anyone interested in becoming a commercial pilot. The P3 Professional Pilot Program that we offer allows aspiring pilots with no experience to earn their commercial pilot and flight instructor credentials in fewer than 10 months. This fast-paced program is intense and rigorous, but it will allow you to reach your goals faster and more affordably.
The training programs that we offer extend across the spectrum of aviation education. We provide TAA, Technically Advanced Aircraft, to ensure that our pilots can transfer the skills that they learn here. The fleet includes the following:
- Primary Training Aircraft
- Piper PA28 “Pilot”
- C172S Skyhawk
- PA-44 Seminole
- Specialty Training Aircraft
- Cessna T182T Skylane
- Cirrus SR20
- Cirrus SR22 G5/G6
- ALSIM Flight Simulator
Certified Flight Instructors
The flight instructors found here at Paragon Flight are also critical to the success of our student-pilots. The weather in Southwest Florida offers ready-for-takeoff conditions more than 350 days of the year, a situation that draws pilots of all walks of life. With a significant pool of applicants, we’re able to offer the best of the best flight instructors possible.
Location, Location, Location
In addition to the incredible weather already described, Southwest Florida offers beautiful scenery from the sky, several practice fields, and accommodations at nearby metropolises. We have two locations for even greater convenience – one in Fort Myers and the other in Punta Gorda.
The Jeppesen curriculum, produced by a Boeing subsidiary, is the best training system available. It’s comprehensive and includes all digital and hard copy materials you’ll need. This course produces ready, safe pilots 30% faster than the national average.
P3 Program – Journey to Commercial Pilot Credentials
- 0-10 Weeks Private Pilot License (PPL) – foundational program for all future aviation education, teaches best practices and habits needed by any skilled and safe pilot
- 11-18 Weeks Instrument Flight Rating (IFR) – phase that prepares pilots to fly using navigation and communication equipment, essential skills for professional pilots
- 19-30 Weeks Commercial License, Single Engine & Multi Engine (CSEL & CMEL) – phase that prepares pilots for the knowledge evaluation and the checkride required by the FAA for pilots to operate professionally as a single-engine or multi-engine commercial pilot
- 31-38 Weeks Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) – final phase of this program prepares a commercial pilot to share his or her knowledge with others.
To participate in this program, pilot hopefuls must meet specific qualifications, including all of the following:
- 18 years of age, minimum
- High school graduate or GED recipient (some college preferred)
- One personal character reference
- One professional character reference
- Clean MVR, Motor Vehicle Record
- Clean FAA record with no incidents, accidents, or enforcement actions
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a cognitive and behavioral evaluation
- Obtain an FAA 1st Class Medical Certificate
- Literate and fluent in the English language
- Full-time availability to accommodate 4-5 practical sessions and 10-20 hours of ground training weekly
- Established integrity, drive, and work ethic
Paying for flight school is always an issue for pilots, and our team has become quite familiar with the ins and outs of available resources. From scholarships to grants, student loans, or personal lending options, allow us to guide you to the most appropriate financial resources and assist with application measures.
Commercial pilot schools may be easy to find, but high-quality ones are a little harder to locate. Choose Paragon Flight for an experience that will lead to a worthwhile career as a professional pilot.