FAA Approved Flight Schools Near Me
Aviation expertise awaits at Paragon Flight, the best of the FAA approved flight schools “near me” for pilot hopefuls in the area around Fort Myers, FL. Even if attendance requires a bit of travel from your own home base, the quality of the flight preparation is well worth it. The Professional Pilot Program (P3) we offer at Paragon Flight will allow you to earn your commercial pilot’s license and flight instructor certification in fewer than ten months.
Founded in 2006, Paragon Flight offers a comprehensive array of flight training programs. We’re authorized by the FAA under FAR Parts 61 and 141, so we’re able to provide the perfect flight training program for all students. A variety of financing solutions are also available for our students depending on the situation and the program chosen. Our aim is to help students overcome challenges and reach their dreams with high-quality flight instruction.
Our students have the advantage of:
- Top-notch Technically Advanced Aircraft – the Paragon Flight fleet includes:
- Piper PA28 “Pilot”
- C172S Skyhawk
- PA-44 Seminole
- Cessna T182T Skylane
- Cirrus Sr20
- Cirrus SR22 G5/G6
- ALSIM Flight Simulator
- Diversely experienced and well-trained Certified Flight Instructors (CFIs)
- Jeppesen curriculum, produced by a Boeing subsidiary and proven to produce ready, safe pilots 30% faster than the national average
- Ideal location (access to practice airfields, a tower-controlled runway, perfect weather for flight all year long, and nearby cities for every budget’s accommodations)
- Custom programs for all students
P3 – Professional Pilot Program
If your ambitions lead you toward flight as a career, the P3 Program at Paragon Flight will allow you to complete training faster and cheaper. The course proceeds according to the following schedule:
- 0-10 Weeks Private Pilot (PPL)
- 11-18 Weeks Instrument Flight Rating (IFR)
- 19-30 Weeks Commercial License, Single Engine & Multi Engine (CSEL & CMEL)
- 31-38 Weeks Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
This program requires participants be up to the challenge, meeting the following requirements:
- AGE – 18 years old
- EDUCATION – high school diploma or equivalent (college preferred)
- REFERENCES – 1 personal reference and 1 professional reference
- DRIVING RECORD – clean
- CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK – clean
- BEHAVIORAL AND COGNITIVE EVALUATION – passed
- FAA RECORD – free of incident, accident, or enforcement actions
- FAA MEDICAL – 1st class certification
- LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY – fluent and literate in the English language
- AVAILABILITY – full-time to accommodate 4-5 flight lessons and 10-20 hours of ground training each week
- CHARACTERISTICS – drive, dedication, and integrity
The fast pace and full-time requirements of the P3 Program aren’t for everybody. Many aspiring pilots have competing obligations that need to be met, so they have limited availability and need to complete training incrementally. We can cater to these pilot candidates as well.
With both authorizations from the FAA under FAR Parts 61 and 141, we’re able to provide the flexibility of a Part 61 program and the structure of a Part 141 program. Reach out to discuss your plans with our team, and we’ll be happy to guide you toward the right program to help you reach your goals.
We can also provide insight regarding financial options, whether you would be better suited for a financial package that includes student loans, grants, and aviation scholarships or need contacts for a reputable and fair personal lender.
If you’re searching for FAA approved flight schools “near me,” do your future a favor and choose Paragon Flight in Fort Myers, FL, no matter where your present location may be. Learn more by contacting us online or reaching out via phone at (239) 274-3170.