Flight School St. Petersburg, FL
Paragon Flight near Punta Gorda is the foremost FAA-authorized flight school near St. Petersburg, FL. We’re top-rated for a reason. Whether you’re pursuing your private or commercial pilot license, reach out to our team to arrange for your own experience.
Our staff, aircraft, facilities, curriculum, and processes are in place and ready to facilitate your pursuit of aviation ambitions.
Paragon Flight is a premier FAA-authorized FAR Part 141 and 61 flight school. We’ve been repeatedly honored as a Distinguished Flight School by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), and we make an effort to earn this recognition daily.
When students come to Paragon Flight, they can rely on us to provide better-quality flight instruction than they’d find elsewhere. We offer a wide range of flight training, including all of the following:
- Personal Flight Instruction
- Private Pilot License (PPL) Training
- Instrument Flight Rating (IFR) Training
- Multi-Engine License (MEL) Training
- Cirrus Certified Aircraft Training
- Glass Cockpit Training
- Commercial Flight Training
- Commercial Single-Engine License (CSEL) Training
- Commercial Multi-Engine License (CMEL) Training
- Certified Flight Instructor, single-engine (CFI) Training
- Certified Flight Instructor, instrument rating (CFII) Training
- Certified Flight Instructor, multi-engine (MEI) Training
- Military and Government Training
- Initial Flight Orientation (IFO) Training
- Single Engine Recurrent Training (SERT)
- Rotary Wing to Fixed Wing Transition Training
- Aircraft Transition and Differences Training
For training purposes, we use the most appropriate aircraft, the ones considered standard in the industry for safety and predictable handling.
- Primary Training Aircraft
- Piper PA28 “Pilot” – single-engine
- PA-44 Seminole – multi-engine
- Specialty Training Aircraft
- Cirrus SR20 – primary instruction, transitions and differences, high-performance endorsements, and single/multi-day rentals
- ALSIM Flight Simulator is an ultra-realistic flight simulation device for all flight training programs.
We will design your program with the appropriate aircraft and timeline to suit your plans. Learn from an experienced instructor who complements your personality and learning style. Southwest Florida is an incredibly welcoming place for pilots, so we have an ample supply of applicants. We leverage this wealth to provide our students with the best Certified Flight Instructors (CFI, CFII, or MEI).
The Jeppesen curriculum, derived by a Boeing subsidiary, is selective in application. Only some flight schools are chosen to have access to this curriculum. We’re proud to be able to provide this next-level curriculum to our students, enabling them to finish training 30% faster than the national average.
To begin flight training, contact our team and schedule a consultation with the Chief Flight Instructor. We’ll work out a bespoke program based on your particular details, and we can also discuss financial parameters and lead you toward likely resources.
Our many years of experience have prepared us to help identify the best source for financing, guide students through the application processes, and secure the most appropriate means of affording aviation training.
We suggest taking a Discovery Flight if you’re unsure about diving into a complete flight training course. You’ll participate in a mini-lesson, tour the facilities, and take part in a flight lesson, even briefly take control of the plane.
Make your way to Paragon Flight in Southwest Florida to enjoy more than 350 days each year of take-off-ready conditions. You’ll be able to spend more time in the sky and complete training faster.
Paragon Flight’s Punta Gorda location, near St. Petersburg, FL, is a flight school that provides excellent experiences, quality training, and more – all in a safe and fun environment.