How to Become a Commercial Pilot in USA
The journey from zero experience to acting as a professional pilot should start with a call to Paragon Flight. If you’re wondering how to become a commercial pilot in the USA, continue reading and call us to arrange your custom plan.
The P3 Professional Pilot Program
The P3 Program is an accelerated route to becoming a professional pilot created by our team in response to the urgent need for airline pilots, among other roles in the industry. As boomer pilots retire and the number of air travelers rises, the job sector is wide open, with record-breaking salaries to boot. Paragon Flight would like to help you reach these goals faster and more affordably.
P3 Program’s Four Phases to Success:
- Private Pilot License (PPL) Training – (0-10 Weeks) – Basis for all future training through instruction regarding concepts of flight, aircraft systems, and best practices as a pilot.
- Instrument Flight Rating (IFR) Training – (11-18 Weeks) – Training pilots to fly in non-visual conditions using communication and navigation systems.
- Commercial License, Single-Engine and Multi-Engine (CSEL and CMEL) Training – (19-30 Weeks) – Mastery level instruction for pilots to operate professionally in single-engine and multi-engine aircraft. These licenses are essential for operations in the commercial sphere.
- Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Training – (31-38 Weeks) – Credentials that allow professional pilots to operate as flight instructors for single-engine training. This role is essential for entry-level pilots who want to make a living while continuing to accumulate flight time. Remember that airline pilot applicants require 1,500 flight hours plus an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certification to qualify.
As you can see, this program is intensive. We have parallel requirements to provide candidates with the best odds for success. Our goal is to set our students up for success. If students can’t meet these prerequisites, we also design custom programs to meet diverse scheduling and pacing needs.
P3 Participation Prerequisites:
- 18 years old, minimum
- High school diploma or GED (some college preferred)
- Character references – one personal + one professional
- Good driving record
- Clean FAA record
- Clear criminal background
- Successful completion of a cognitive and behavioral assessment
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Able to communicate in writing and speech in the English language
- Full-time availability to attend 4-5 flight lessons and 10-20 hours of ground training weekly
- Marked by ambition, work ethic, and honesty.
Come to Paragon Flight
Paragon Flight is a world-class flight school organization with three locations: Fort Myers, FL; Punta Gorda, FL; and LaGrange, GA. We offer well-honed essentials of flight training and proven best practices.
The curriculum we use is produced by Jeppesen, a subsidiary of aviation leader Boeing, and produces safe and well-heeled pilots in ⅓ of the time required of most aviation students. Our fleet is well-equipped and technically advanced for all of our training, and our instructors come from all geographies and aviation roles.
Whether you want to dust crops or fly an airliner, we can help by finding the right financing package. We have experience and contacts to help you identify the appropriate financing and secure the product.
If you’re wondering how to become a commercial pilot in the USA, the best first step is to click here and contact Paragon Flight.