Pilot School Florida
If you are seeking a highly qualified pilot school in Florida that can help you become a confident and well-trained pilot, consider Paragon Flight in Fort Myers, Florida. Our goal is to train the best and safest pilots, and the quality of our flight training instruction speaks for itself.
Why We Stand Out
Paragon Flight is an FAA-approved flight training center with over 13 years of experience. We offer a FAR Part 141-approved curriculum for primary, instrument, and commercial training, and students may also opt to follow a personalized Part 61 training program.
We are proud to have been honored by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) as one of the top flight schools in the nation and have been selected in multiple years for their Flight Training Excellence Awards.
Paragon Flight has earned our reputation as the premier flight school in Southwest Florida because our instructors are excellent and we provide the most advanced aircraft and the best training systems in the world. Our customized programs exceed the strict FAA standards and guidelines.
We proudly offer training programs for private pilot certificates, instrument rating and multi-engine add-ons, as well as flight training for commercial pilots, Air Transport Pilots (ATP) and Certified Flight Instructors (CFI, CFII, MEI).
Tips for Finding the Right Flight School
Here are some suggestions on how to select the best flight school for your pilot training. In the case of flight instructors, your life will depend on what your flight instructor teaches you, so you’ll want to look for the best one you can find!
Tour the Flight School
- How will the flight school evaluate your progress? Do they perform progressive flight-checks?
- How many students is each instructor responsible for? (The number should be no more than five full-time or 10 part-time students.) The last thing you want is a tired instructor.
- How many training aircraft are available?
- How are the training aircraft maintained?
- How are lessons rescheduled if poor weather or a maintenance problem causes a cancellation?
- As a student pilot, what kind of insurance will you have?
Talk to the Flight Instructors
- Ask about the instructors’ training and experience.
- Talk to other students and ask their opinions about the instructors.
- Look for a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI or CFII).
- Make sure the instrument instructor has an instrument instructor rating (CFII).
- Look for an instructor who demands perfection but is someone you can easily get along with.
- Take a Discovery Flight to get acquainted with the instructor.
Ask About Ground School
Ground school can be an instructor teaching a scheduled class or a self-paced, home-study video program and/or computer software, or some combination of the two. Some students need the discipline of the classroom, so you will have to decide which method would be best for you.
Take the controls today and learn to fly with Paragon Flight, the best pilot school in Southwest Florida. We will provide the highest quality flight training and help you meet your goal of becoming a pilot. Contact us today at (239) 274-3170 to get started!