Port Charlotte Flight Training
Flight training at its very best is available near Port Charlotte through Paragon Flight at either Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) in Punta Gorda or Page Field (FMY) in Fort Myers, Florida. Whether your goals are to fly for fun alone or to make a living having fun flying, we provide FAA-authorized courses for all goals, skill levels, and learning styles.
A leading FAA-approved Part 61 and Part 141 flight school, Paragon Flight meets all of the rigorous standards expected of Part 141 schools while offering the flexibility of a Part 61 program. With year-long flight appropriate weather, incredibly experienced Certified Flight Instructors (CFIs), and world-class Jeppesen curriculum, we provide faster, safer, and more effective pilot training.
The Jeppesen curriculum is a select, comprehensive computer-based system for aviation training. The programs include all required materials and are broken down into three stages with measurements at each stage to ensure mastery.
Paragon Flight’s history is one of success and excellence, as exhibited in the honors we’ve received over the years from the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) for the quality of our instruction.
Together with incredible instruction materials and providers, we offer the best equipment. Every aircraft within our fleet qualifies as a TAA, or Technically Advanced Aircraft, that features Glass Cockpit tech and advanced avionics. The fleet itself includes:
- Primary Training Aircraft
- Piper PA28 “Pilot” – single-engine flight training
- PA-44 Seminole – multi-engine flight training
- Specialty Flight Training
- Cirrus SR20 – primary flight instruction, transition and differences training, high-performance endorsements, and single and multi-day rentals
- ALSIM AL172 Flight Simulator – realistic, exact match for training equipment to build skills faster, earn hours for licensing, and reduce flight training expenses.
Being located in Southwest Florida, Paragon Flight provides students with outstanding weather for convenient flight training. The skies are sunny and clear over 350 days of the year, so storms and haze are rarely an impediment to time in the sky. The location also offers proximity to several practice airfields and various cities, so students can plan for their training in a budget-minded fashion. Less time equals less money when it comes to flight training.
The pilot certification that you earn may be as simple as operating as a private pilot or as deep as applying to become an airline pilot. We offer a wide range of flight training options, including all of the following:
- Personal Flight Pursuits
- Private Pilot License (PPL) Training
- Instrument Flight Rating (IFR) Training
- Multi-Engine License (MEL) Training
- Cirrus Certified Aircraft Training
- Glass Cockpit Training
- Commercial Flight Pursuits
- Airline and Commercial Pilot Training
- Commercial Single Engine License (CSEL) Training
- Commercial Multi-Engine License (CMEL) Training
- Certified Flight Instructor (CFI, CFII, MEI) Training
- Certified Flight Instructor for Single-Engine Flight (CFI)
- Certified Flight Instructor for Instrument Flight Rating (CFII)
- Certified Flight Instructor for Multi-Engine Flight (MEI)
- Airline and Commercial Pilot Training
- Military and Government Pursuits
- Initial Flight Orientation (IFO) – preparation for the aircraft used in basic training
- Single-Engine Recurrent Training (SERT) – scenario-based training to maximize the crew’s coordination, cooperation, awareness, and safety
- Rotary Wing to Fixed Wing Transition Training – designed to help helicopter pilots become airline pilots
- Aircraft Transition and Differences Training – guides pilots as they transition to new aircraft.
Click here if you’re interested in flight training near Port Charlotte with Paragon Flight. You may also contact us via phone at our locations:
- Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) in Punta Gorda – (941) 336-7494
- Page Field Airport (FMY) in Fort Myers – (239) 747-0056.