Training for Commercial Pilot
When you’re ready to start training as a commercial pilot, consider Paragon Flight in Fort Myers, Florida.
Paragon Flight, an FAA-approved FAR Part 141 flight training center, exemplifies excellence. We proudly offer one of the best flight training programs in the nation and can help you achieve your dreams of flying in a lively and fun atmosphere with warm, “aviation perfect” weather.
Paragon offers fully customized training for first-time pilots, pilots who want to enhance their skills with an instrument rating or multi-engine rating, as well as programs for those who want to become commercial pilots. We will customize a program to fit your specific needs and goals.
We invite you to meet with our Chief Flight Instructor to discuss your previous flight experience, the hours and ratings you need, how much time you have available, your specific career goals, any potential accommodation or housing needs, and flexible payment options for your training.
Eligibility / Requirements
The Commercial Pilot License allows you to fly day or night, carry passengers or property, and get paid for certain types of operation, such as banner towing, agricultural applications, and photography. You can be paid for instructing if you also hold a flight instructor certificate.
To be certified by the FAA as a commercial pilot, you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age
- Read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Hold a current Private Pilot License
- Hold a valid 2nd Class Medical Certificate
- Log 250 total flight hours
- Log 100 flight hours Pilot-In-Command (PIC) training
- 50 flight hours PIC cross-country
- 50 flight hours in airplanes
- Log 20 hours dual flight time
- 2 hour / 100 nm day cross-country
- 2 hour / 100 nm night cross-country
- 10 hours instrument training
- 10 hours in a complex aircraft
- Log 10 hours solo flight time
- 5 flight hours in night VFR conditions
- 300 nm cross-country with landings at three airports
- Pass an aeronautical knowledge written test
- Pass an oral test and check-ride with an FAA-designated examiner
If you are interested in an aviation career, your commercial pilot license will take you one step closer to attaining the dream of becoming a commercial airline pilot (which requires an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate and a minimum of 1,500 hours of flight experience).
Explore flight training for your commercial pilot license at Paragon Flight. Our number one goal is to provide every client with an outstanding flying and training experience. Call us today at (239) 274-3170 to get started!