Best Commercial Pilot School USA
Would you like a career in aviation? To get paid for flying in the USA, you must become a licensed commercial pilot. Paragon Flight is among the best flight schools and an excellent choice for your training. We customize every program for each student according to their goals, previous experience, and time constraints.
Paragon Flight, headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida, is certified to prepare you for a career in aviation. We invite you to meet with our Chief Flight Instructor to discuss your previous flight experience, the hours and ratings you need, how much time you have available for training, your specific career goals, your accommodation or housing needs (if any), and flexible financing options for your training.
What is a Commercial Pilot License?
The Commercial Pilot License allows you to fly day or night, carry passengers or cargo, and get paid for certain types of flights, such as banner towing, agricultural applications, aerial surveying, and search and rescue. You can be paid for teaching students to fly as long as you also hold a flight instructor certificate.
After evaluating your individual needs, we will suggest a plan of action and suggest a FAA Part 141 or FAA Part 61 training course. In some cases, we may suggest a combination of the FAA Part 61 and Part 141 courses to ensure that you can complete training as quickly, efficiently and inexpensively as possible.
Who Can Become a Commercial Pilot?
To be certified by the FAA as a commercial pilot, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Hold a current Private Pilot License
- Hold a valid 1st or 2nd Class Medical Certificate
- Log 250 total flight hours
- Log 100 flight hours Pilot-In-Command (PIC) training time
- Log 50 flight hours cross-country training time
- Log 20 hours of training, including 10 of instrument, 10 of complex or TAA*, and some cross-country and practical test preparation.
- Log 10 hours of solo training, including some cross country and night
- Pass an aeronautical knowledge written test
- Pass an oral test and checkride with an FAA-designated examiner
*In July 2018, the FAA updated its rules for pilots training for the commercial pilot certificate. It’s now permissible for training to take place in a Technically Advanced Airplane (TAA) which has a primary flight display (PFD), a multifunction flight display (MFD), and an integrated two-axis autopilot. Paragon Flight’s fleet of Cessna Skyhawks or 172s qualify as Technically Advanced Airplanes.
If you are pursuing an aviation career, earning your commercial pilot license will bring you closer to attaining the dream of becoming an airline pilot (which requires an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate and a minimum of 1,500 hours of flight experience).
Paragon Flight is one of the best flight schools in the USA. If you want to become a commercial pilot, contact us today at (239) 274-3170 to explore your options.