Commercial Pilot School

If you want to fly for compensation, you will need a commercial pilot license. A highly rated pilot school like Paragon Flight can provide you with the necessary flight training and personalized one-on-one instruction.

Commercial Pilot SchoolLocated in beautiful Fort Myers, Florida, Paragon Flight, is a premier FAA-approved FAR Part 141 flight training center and one of the top aviation schools in Florida.

Our FAA-certification means that you will undergo higher-quality training and achieve certification in less time than you will in non-approved flight schools.

Types of U.S. Pilot Certificates

There are six types of U.S. pilot certificates you can obtain:

Sport Pilot: This certificate is meant for pilots who want to fly for fun in “light sport” aircraft. It is the easiest and least restrictive certificate you can obtain. It allows you to fly yourself and one passenger in daylight hours in good weather below 10,000 feet. This is the only pilot certificate that does not require an FAA medical certificate.

Recreational Pilot: This certificate permits you to carry only one passenger in single-engine aircraft of 180 horsepower or less with up to four seats. You can fly below 10,000 feet during daylight hours in good weather, and must stay within 50 nautical miles of your home airport.

Private Pilot: The most popular certificate is the private pilot certificate, or private pilot license. The training requirements are more involved than those of the sport or recreational pilot, so private pilots are allowed to do much more, including fly at night and at controlled airports.

Commercial Pilot: This certificate allows you to be paid for your flying services. It demands more precision and knowledge about professional flight operations. Changes to FAA regulations allow training in Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA), like our Cessna 172 Skyhawks, to substitute for training in a complex aircraft.

Flight Instructor: This certificate allows you to train others to fly. If you have earned your commercial pilot certificate and want to be hired immediately, you should consider becoming a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI, CFII) or, better yet, a Multi Engine Instructor (MEI).

Airline Transport Pilot (ATP): Pilots who want to fly for scheduled commercial airlines are required to have the ATP certificate. Typically, it will require 1,500 hours of logged flight time.

Steps for Becoming a Commercial Pilot

  • Hold a valid private pilot certificate (PPL)
  • Hold a valid 1st or 2nd Class Medical Certificate
  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Read, write, speak, and understand English
  • Have an Instrument Rating (not legally required but will be required by 95% of employers)
  • Complete and log the appropriate ground and flight training for the commercial license
  • 100 hours pilot in command (PIC)
  • 250 hours total logged flight time
  • Pass the FAA Written Exam
  • Pass the FAA Oral and Practical Exams

At Paragon Flight, our commercial pilot courses are custom designed to fit your unique goals and needs as a pilot. They are also specifically designed for Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA. This ensures that you will get the most advanced flight training available, making your transition to modern commercial airline aircraft much easier.

Want to be paid to fly or be a commercial airline pilot? Learn to fly with Paragon Flight School. We guarantee you will get the highest quality training and meet your goal of becoming a pilot. Contact us today at (239) 274-3170 to explore your options.